Our EarthLink Access Software will help dial-up users connect more reliably and includes all the security and performance features you need for a better online experience. Top features include:
- EarthLink Accelerator® (for Dial-Up only) — for surfing up to 7x faster*
- EarthLink Connection Manager — automatically selects the best dial-up number in your area for faster, more reliable connections
Where to Get EarthLink Access Software
Top Installation Tips
- Close all open programs.
- When asked if you have an EarthLink email address, be sure to click Yes and enter the address provided in the letter in your Welcome Kit.
- Dial-Up users: choose two or more access numbers if available. This will help you enjoy faster, more reliable connections.
How to Connect to the Internet
- Double-click the EarthLink Access Software shortcut on your desktop.
- On the Sign-In screen, select the proper Profile and Connection, and enter your password—if it isn't already saved.
- Click Connect.
Your Web browser will open to the myEarthLink Start Page®.
By default, the EarthLink Task Panel will launch, and your Web browser will open to the myEarthLink Start Page®.
Top Tips for a Better Online Experience
- Update your EarthLink Access Software regularly. You will be automatically notified you when updates are available. Click on the notice to get the latest update.
- Choose your options and preferences with the Connection Manager.
- Dial-Up users: maximize your speed. Click the Accelerator icon in your computer's system tray (the bottom right of your screen) and choose Options to change your Accelerator settings.
- If you are upgrading to EarthLink High Speed from Dial-Up, remember to change your connection settings.
* With EarthLink Accelerator, certain Web page text and graphics will load faster when compared to standard dial-up Internet service. Actual results may vary. Some Web pages such as secure or encrypted Web pages will not be accelerated. EarthLink Accelerator is only compatible with EarthLink's Dial-Up service and specified browsers.